Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Interior Design Portfolio Event

In just a few days I have this thing called my college graduation. Hold on, I'm going to faint from excitement just one more time.

In preparation for that, my school held it's Portfolio Event for all the graduating girls. Twenty-three girls put months of hard work, few showers, accidental diets and many sleepless nights into their work and now it was time to display it.  We each created portfolios to hold our 5-10 projects and "homes" to showcase a featured project. Within our binders were projects assigned to us throughout our time at school along with a few extra-curricular projects assigned to ourselves. It was incredibly inspiring to see the final product of my fellow student's and see their humility in all that they had created. I found myself grabbing their business cards (despite already having their contact info, but the cards were too stylish to pass up) and thinking "I want her to do my house when I grow up!" One might think that twenty-three girls spending so much time in classroom 802 would become caddy and difficult, especially in such a high stress major, but it is the polar opposite. Each girl is so supportive and excited for the next girl and has the highest hopes for where she may end up. It has been a pleasure going through school with each of them.

May the angels above bless my mother for selflessly coming to Utah to help me set this up. I would have DIED without her. I am one lucky girl.
I embraced the quirkiness of my initials and happily displayed them as part of my official logo.

A look inside my portfolio
Hotel 8649 - A San Francisco Hotel styled for men - simple, timeless, and industrial
Cresthaven Apartment Lobby - Welcoming residence into a Utah apartment complex with natural elements and modern sophistication
Tingey & Tingey Law Firm - An appropriate marriage of comfort and professionalism
Arch - Using colors, textures and a timeless back-in-the-day feel to create successful, detailed renderings
Oceanside Condo - A mix of old detail and modern clarity
In Motion Dance Studio - Inviting the sumptuous Baroque style into an elegant dance studio


And now, sit back, relax, and think about a company who will hire me as I present to you: my portfolio.








































3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I can't believe that the potential for my office could be so nice. And quirky, too. And a skylight in the conference room!...who would have thought? I'll tell you who would have thought: Emily Tingey! Amazing! (Did I mention that already?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily I am so proud of you! I can't wait to stalk your blog all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks Aluminum Doors Toronto

    ReplyDelete