Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spicing up forgotten spaces

This.

Thanks, Country Living / Victoria Pearson

This hallway. The frames, the chandelier, the out-of-place chair, and, of course, the walls! This hallway has been stuck in my head for nearly my entire school career.

Speaking of which,

Nailed it. 

Now back to the stripes. I love the way the homeowners applied their personality into such a small and generally forgotten space. I have wanted to do something like this for so long, but none of my "clients" had the personality for it. I'd be curious to try it with the glossiest paint finish in the business and in a space, like this hallway or a guest bathroom, that could use a little sprucing and can handle an overwhelmingly noticeable finish like this. I will continue to wait until someone has the gusto to live in such a stripy wonderland.


4 comments:

  1. Oh Emily! Come to Washington and I'll let you do my whole house! I seriously need opinions. I have tons of ideas, and need more! I've been trying to talk Jenna into coming too. I love stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I become a homeowner, I am DOING this!! In our new place, there is a blank wall that my mind is spinning over with ideas. I want to wallpaper it and hang several mismatched frames and clocks and mirrors. Is there anywhere I can find cheap wallpaper? It stinks when you are renting a place and can't justify spending even average amounts of money on somewhere you will only be living in for 2 years max. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are "nailing" this bloggity blog, Missy.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mallory, I had the same problem in the overwhelmingly yellow room I live in now. I bought a dozen yards of slightly patterned fabric and some flat nose tacks, ironed that baby stiff, then tacked it up on my wall, cutting out holes for plugs and such. It's stayed up perfectly, beside the times when my roommates cat putting his claws through it. But I don't think you'll have that problem with Matt.

    ReplyDelete