Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Importance of Character

I had a free morning today (you know, because I'm graduating tomorrow so most of my classes were already done. Because I'm graduating) and decided to spend time going fake house shopping.  My neck is constantly twisting and turning as I drive around Salt Lake City admiring all the adorable architecture and store fronts that surround the streets.  Usually when I'm in the car I am on my way to something and don't have the ability to stop and wander, but not this morning. This morning I was on my way to 9th east to walk the streets and snap a few pictures. I think they call this "free time." So I thoughtlessly put on my most uncomfortable pair of shoes and started walking. Take a gander at what I discovered.




Mind you, these were all found in about 5 blocks of one another.  One thing I love about Salt Lake is all of the character - it's everywhere.  This city has been around for about 150 years, and it still holds a many original buildings and homes.  The residence work hard to maintain the charm of the olden days in both interiors and exteriors, and though there comes additional maintenance and cost with living in an older home, I think most people can see the attraction that people like my new friend Charlie and his puppy, Jimmy, have in living in these colorful and unique places. Charlie and Jimmy have lived in the the third home on the top row for "way too long" but Charlie loves it.  When I walked by he was digging for a new walkway in his front yard and told me of his plans to paint the exterior soon. In the meantime, Jimmy was running through all of Charlie's dirt piles getting flecks of soil all over his long coat. He's going to be a sad pup when he discovers Charlie's plan to give him a big haircut tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, not only do I love your design ideas, I love reading your thoughts! You crack me up! "...because I'm graduating." I miss you and I'm so glad you have a blog that not only displays your gorgeous style, but allows you to write! You've always been such a great writer! And how cute are you making new friends in the random communities of SLC? :) Poor Jimmy and his haircut.

    ReplyDelete