Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Final Rose of the Night

Editors Note: I apologize if this post brings back tender emotions for any of you. I also apologize if you lose any respect for me and the fact that I watch this show. Diligently.


I know I was supposed to be focusing on the fact that Brad let Shawntel go just a few days after she told him she loved him this season of The Bachelor, but during their long walk through the Gansevoort Hotel in New York City I kept pausing, rewinding, and taking snapshots on my computer screen. Why?


Those floors! Do you see them? Whoever designed this hotel thought the plans all the way through at an early stage. Floors often become a last minute thought in a space that result in the most budget-friendly option, but think of how far less exciting this lobby would be without the chevron pattern on the flooring.  In fact, after watching this scene (over and over and over again) I hopped back onto AutoCAD and redid part of the design for one of my school projects to add a little spice. While some of the other features in this lobby are a little tasteless in my opinion, those floors stand well on their own. How timeless! How innovative! Bravo expensive Gansevoort budget, bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment