Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Leave the Light On

Sometimes* at night, when I'm feeling a little homesick, I'll leave my bedside lamp on and fall asleep to the yellow glow behind my eyelids.  This helps me feel like I'm back at my home in Las Vegas where I almost always fall asleep while reading in my cozy bed, but always wake up in the morning to a bulb that has been turned off by one of my parents. If it was my dad who turned my light off for me, he will usually ask me the next day if I dreamed I was a deer in the headlights, to which I'll laugh because nearly everything he says makes me so unbelievably happy that laughing is the only way to get rid of the giddy feeling.


Obviously I'm homesick as I am writing this.


Thanks County Living and Flickr.  For those of you with small spaces, especially studio apartments, create a nook for your bedroom with curtains, headboard, footboard, dresser, bookshelf...some sort of barrier from the rest of the room like in the second picture.  The sheer curtain pictured provides the sense of privacy while still allowing light to travel into the rest of the space and taking up less visual weight.  
Thanks, Wary Meyers. Textures, pillows, books and artwork - all items that conjure up the image of coziness.  Book lovers, what is your favorite way to display your collection? Alphabetical? Lying flat? By color? In piles?
Thanks, Roman & Williams. They do everything right, notably their use of rich colors and soothing patterns.


*Only sometimes, because other times I think of the bills that must be paid or my incredibly "green" professor whom I would have a hard time facing if I was using up energy so lavishly.

No comments:

Post a Comment