Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Designing a Room For: Little Misses

Never mind the swing that hung in my childhood bedroom. Take that out of the picture and I still thought I had won prize for the best bedroom. In my eyes, it was the coolest place a girl could sleep. In fact, for a while there it was the coolest room that three girls could sleep. Yes, all three sisters in one room. Two beds. A lot of teasing.

One of the details within the room that brought such joy to my little heart was the wallpaper. I have been thinking of that wallpaper as of late (I know, my mind is fascinating) and wanted to design a room for another six-year-old girl who loves wallpaper as much as I did, though I have doubts that she exists. Still, I started my project with Cath Kidston's Lace Stripe print. With that pattern in the shopping cart, everything else seemed to jump out as if it were begging to be paired with such a lovely pattern. The watercolors by Gillian McMurray seemed like a logical match for the gentle touch of artwork I was hoping for, and I finally found a home for the Waterfall Ruffle bedding from Urban Outfitters that has captured my attention for so long. Overall, it's a feminine room - subtle enough that it's not tiresome, temperate enough to welcome necessary change as the little girl grows older. 

So, without further ado:



Sources:
1       2       3       4        5        6       7       8       9       10       11       12       13       14       15           

2 comments:

  1. your kids are going to love you so freaking much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna is so right! my goodness woman! this is gorgeous! (I'm "pinning" it as I speak...) Did you know Matt and I have the Waterfall Ruffle bedding in ivory? LOVE IT. Here's a couple pictures of it in our old, small apartment, it's cuter in our new apartment:

    http://mallosaurus.blogspot.com/2011/02/some-cuteness-as-of-late.html

    ReplyDelete