Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kohler: Tresham Challenge Part II

Are you ready to see the greatest residential bathroom ever designed?

It is stunning. Nearly perfect, even. I may have even fallen off my chair when I saw it, though those two events may have been unrelated. I often fall for no reason at all. Just gravity.

As I mentioned earlier, Kohler had a few of their employees engage in a friendly competition to design a bathroom of their taste using the new Tresham collection. I showed a preppy, delightful lounge designed by Kohler art director, Katie Begalke, and today I'm showing the bathroom designed by a team at Kohler. It's charming and delightful. Just...take a gander.




I know, I told you.

Though a space of this size and architectural detail is disappointingly hard to come by, the charming elements can certainly be applied in your own home. Everyone can have a space they enjoy as much as I like this and still pay rent, I promise. It just takes a little extra thought. Pedestal sinks are a classic choice for a restroom, Shaker-style furniture and mismatched frames create an old-time feel, timeless moldings beside the elegant wallpaper add sassy visual interest, and the placement of the chandelier...ohh the placement of the chandelier. Muah! There are a few things in this room that I'm ready to incorporate in my home when the time comes.

What elements (besides the model's outfit) would you like to mimic?

No comments:

Post a Comment