Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

October General Conference

Twice a year, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gather together around televisions, computers and radios all around the world to listen to the prophets of our day speak in what is called General Conference. The topics don't often differ from the years past, with a reoccurring focus on the Book of Mormon, the Bible, faith, Christ's Atonement, temples, living a happier life, service, families, kindness, church attendance, and more. Even still, I look forward to April and October with longing for a desire to recheck my progress and be reminded of the Lord's plan for my life.

It is a tradition for my family to gather together to watch General Conference together and enjoy a delicious breakfast. While I am the only child at home this year, my parents and I are still carrying on the tradition of listening to the prophets while eating a delectable feast.



In an effort to follow the counsel of being more kind and service-oriented, I share with you the recipe for the best syrup you will ever devour. I will also share a link to the Mormon church's General Conferences, where you can listen to, read, or watch uplifting messages from years past. May I recommend Henry B. Eyring's encouraging talk on promises we made to the Lord, Elaine Dalton's tender talk on fatherhood, or Dieter F. Uchtdorf's uplifting talk on five things we should not forget.

I hope you are having as happy a weekend as I am.


4 comments:

  1. I love this! We had french toast this morning also :) But I made it, so it probably wasn't as delicious as yours. Also... how cute is that recipe image? You have to tell me how to do that! Maybe I could figure it out on my own, but why when I have you to tell me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for yummy traditions. It was a lovely weekend with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could take a spoon and sip it like soup.

    ReplyDelete