Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Adventures of Dusting


I used to think I wanted a home filled with collections and things I love. I wanted my guests to have a very clear idea of who I was as soon as they walked in my home and found themselves surrounded by my life. Crown moulding, framed pictures, hand-me-down furniture, fabrics, books, and details, details, details.

How naive I was.

Today, I was a good daughter to my mother and decided to dust her entire home. Repeat: her entire home. Well, at least the parts I could reach, so my 5'3"ish self actually dusted about 1/8 of the house.

I dusted around the crown moulding, framed pictures, hand-me-down furniture, fabrics, books, and details, details, details.


Since then I have come to my senses. I now think something like this would better suit me. One quick swoosh of a rag and you're done. Easy breezy.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha seriously hilarious. i showed matt and he laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaand, when you have small children your idea of a "great" kitchen will be completely tiled, floor to ceiling, with a drain in the center of the room, and a high-powered hose permanently hooked up to the Kohler (if you wish) faucet. 1,2,3 DONE! Thanks for your thoughts, Emily! Pam Smith (anonymous seems to be the only way I can post from here :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't there be just one book? That's all you need, one really good book.

    ReplyDelete