Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, oh creative one

My younger brother, Oliver, has this obnoxious and inspiring habit of turning everything he touches into a masterpiece. I'm not just being a nice sister - this is the truth. Without a day of private lessons in his life he has managed to learn enough guitar and piano to get by in the music writing process, without a solitary hint of support from any English teacher he has written some amazing lyrics, and he's picked up paint brushes, sewing needles, guns, hair straighteners and cameras and always manages to create something better than the next guy. It would be disheartening, however I assume some of that natural talent was shared with me during the divvying out of chromosomes so I keep on trying.

Today, being this handsome giant's birthday, I was able to present him with a gift that I think is more so a present for me than for him (he will get to use it, but I'll get to look at it...and maybe sometimes he'll let me use it too). After over a month of keeping this perfect present a secret, I handed him a Polaroid camera and five boxes of film. I can't WAIT to see what he creates from this moody film and the details he chooses to capture in the infamous 3.5" x 4.2" box.

Here's to many more years of creativity, Olivert.


No comments:

Post a Comment