Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

A House Tour: Sheryl Crow

I recently had two interviews with the same company. One of which was a group interview, which is essentially a game of who can sit up the straightest and make all of the good answers fit into one run-on sentence.

I sat up so straight.

In one particular run-on sentence by a competitor she stated that this company was, in a way, that person. That person who always looks tailored, the one who can pull off anything, the one who gets the coolest jobs in the coolest cities and has friends all over the world, but still treats you like you are her best friend. You know, that person. I agreed completely with my competitor and started daydreaming about people I know and places I've been who have those characteristics.

Her explanation reminded me of a house tour I saw recently by Architectural Digest. I suppose I should admit that this is Sheryl Crow's house. I guess it's good that I'm a fan of one thing she's created...don't tell her I said that.





What I like most about this home is that it looks like a harbor to her collections. It looks like someone lives there and that personal thought has been put into the decor. Not to mention the black and white theme that ties every room together - something I've become more fond of over the past few months. This house, despite it being a Hollywood Estate for a Grammy winning artist, seems reachable. It has elements that can be tied into the home of someone who has never released a studio album. It seems like Mrs. Crow found what made her happy, displayed what she liked, narrowed out what she didn't like, and slowly made her home into a library of furnishings and collections carrying her personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment