Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

What a mischief you would bring young darling!

When I turned 23 last month I thought there was only one thing that I wanted: a new set of scriptures. Well, it turns out there were two other things I, unknowingly, wanted as well.

One:

From Oliver

Two: 

From mom.  And Abby, kind of.

After hearing my sister and her husband strongly recommend that we go to their concert, my mother thought it wise to heed their counsel and purchased two tickets to their show in Los Angeles.  And boy am I glad she did. At any given time there were nine to twelve people on stage all playing separate instruments, some a few instruments at once. And what's fabulous about that is it didn't sound like there were 15+ instruments in each song. It was a balancing act that Justin Vernon and his talented mind was able to achieve. Three songs in particular stick out in my mind. They were mesmerizing:

Skinny Love - the final song of the set. So joyous!

Re: Stacks - a favorite song of mine. It could have gone on for ten more minutes and I would have been glad.

Beach Baby - the break the violins take at :23 quickly made its way onto my list of favorite musical moments.

A photograph proving that A: I went to the concert,
and B: California weather does not agree with my hair.


Thank you and goodbye, Bon Iver

2 comments:

  1. Matt JUST discovered Bon Iver. He almost loves them as much as us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many lovely musics from Justin and his helpers!

    ReplyDelete