Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July



I hope you enjoyed your holiday as much as I did. I spent mine in the company of good friends and family hiking, shooting, getting dusty, and eating well in the setting of Zion National Park. Very American, right?


"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him."
Abraham Lincoln


"All great change in America begins at the dinner table"
Ronald Reagan



"Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance.  It is also owed to justice and to humanity.  Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong."
James Bryce



"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
Paul Sweeney

1 comment: