Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Clever, Comfortable and Industrial

Found in the archives of Sacramento Street comes a living room and kitchen designed by Beth Martin, Sara Story, Grant K. Gibson and Aurelien Gallent for Elle Decor's Modern Life Concept House. It's a shame I found this because now I will be accountable when I copy every. single. thing. in this place. The dark walls, copious amounts to texture, clean lines, masculine furnishings, and use of art are all worthy of a sigh. They took ALL the good ideas.

I like the contrast between the feminine, light rug from the rest of the industrial, rigid decor.

Don't forget about using art in a space. Use it to further the concept and complete the look.



 Aweessooome lighting throughout

Pages from take out menus are used as the backsplash in the kitchen. Would this be an idea you would use? What would you choose to display? newspapers? old letters? recipes?


I wish I had never found this. I'm smitten.



1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! As in everything in each photograph. Yummy post, my darling girl.

    ReplyDelete